Terms of Reference
Research, discussion and exchange forum for the analysis of the export control issues faced by various types of technology holders.
Sharing of experiences and best-practices; identification of research needs and new proposed approaches; “out-of-the-box” work taking advantage of ESARDA’s broad and comprehensive membership and network of external contributors.
- Overview of evolving EU and international regulations and requirements;
- Sharing experience on export control cases from different perspectives;
- Sharing experience on Additional Protocol export control and related matters;
- Sharing experience on implementation and technical issues of EU dual-use control list;
- Technological developments relevant to nuclear fuel cycle and export controls;
- Contribute to understanding catch-all issues and definition of common criteria;
- Development of technical modules for the ESARDA course;
- Development of export compliance guidelines for various types of technology holders, focussing also on research and education;
- Development of guidelines for intangible technology transfers;
- Support to the definition and analysis of proliferation scenarios and patterns;
- Methodologies and tools;
- Developing cooperation with other international working groups on export control (e.g. Dual Use Businesseurope group, Chaudfontaine group, ENEF);
- Promoting the mutual recognition of export control systems within the international community.