Joint Research Centre - Karlsruhe
European Commission, GII.6
Terms of Reference
To provide the Safeguards Community with expert advice on destructive analysis methods and procedures and their capabilities for Nuclear Material Accounting and Safeguards, act as a forum for the exchange of information on DA methods.
To achieve this the Working Group will:
- Maintain a list of DA methods suitable for accountancy and verification purposes.
- Determine the reliability of DA methods by continuing inter-laboratory measurement evaluation programmes; in particular the Group will:
- identify analytical problems of common interest;
- define the objectives and the design of the programmes;
- evaluate the results;
- consider formal QA requirements.
- Promulgate Performance Values for Uncertainties in DA methods of nuclear material.
- Recommend Target Values for Uncertainties in measurements in nuclear material, and promote international Target Values.
- Recommend the implementation of new and improved methods.
- Promote the systematic and correct use of Reference Materials by:
- maintaining a list of Reference Materials available within the European Union and elsewhere;
- maintaining information on their traceability;
- advising on their distribution and transport problems.
- Consider sampling problems and their significance for DA results (including sample treatment, conditioning, storage, transport, stability).
- Promote the use of correct and internationally accepted terminology in measurements.
- Support new developments of DA methods for Safeguard purposes.
- Promote cooperation with other Working Groups.
DA Documents and Publications
DA Useful Links
DA CIRCA BC Document Repository (credentials required)